Saving for your children’s college education is a great way to help them reach their potential. But it certainly helps a lot more when they help themselves by studying hard and making good grades.
That’s why CollegeCounts is proud to offer the CollegeCounts Scholarship.
If your student will be a high school senior or a first-time college freshman beginning fall of 2019, and they plan on attending an in-state school, they may be eligible to apply for this needs-based scholarship.
Approximately $1.1 million was awarded to 337 Alabama students entering college this fall, representing 176 high schools in 65 Alabama counties. This year marks the third consecutive year CollegeCounts has been able to award over $1 million to Alabama students!
Interested in applying for one of our 2019 scholarship awards? Here’s the criteria you’ll need to meet to apply:
• Be a high school senior or first-time college freshman beginning in fall 2019
• Be a U.S. citizen
• Be an Alabama resident
• Plan to enroll in an Alabama eligible educational institution in fall 2019
• Demonstrate financial need
• Have a minimum GPA of 2.75
• Have an ACT score of 26 or below (applicants attending two-year schools are not required to submit ACT scores)
Awards of $4000 will be awarded to four-year college enrollees, and awards of $2000 will be awarded to two-year college enrollees. The CollegeCounts Scholarship is a one-time, non-renewable award.
The application period for 2019 awards won’t open until December 1, so learn more about the scholarship and then bookmark it so you won’t forget to apply!