Regularly contributing to a CollegeCounts 529 plan is a fantastic way to help ensure that your children or grandchildren get the quality college education they deserve.
And it’s even easier when your students are earning scholarships.
We understand that, for many families, need-based scholarships are a necessity when it comes to paying for college. That’s why we created the CollegeCounts Scholarship.
If your high school senior is passionate about learning, they plan on continuing their education at an Alabama college or university, and they’re able to demonstrate a financial need, then they may be eligible for a CollegeCounts Scholarship.
Awards of $4000 for four-year college enrollees and $2000 for two-year college enrollees will be awarded through an application process. Each scholarship is one-time, non-renewable, and granted on a semester basis in the first academic year.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Student must be a high school senior or first-time college freshman beginning in fall 2018
- Student must be a U.S. citizen
- Student must be an Alabama resident
- Student must be planning to enroll in an Alabama eligible educational institution in fall 2018
- Student must demonstrate financial need
- Student must have a minimum GPA of 2.75
- Student must have an ACT score of 26 or below (applicants attending a two-year school will not be required to submit ACT scores)
If your student meets these requirements, make sure they submit their application before the March 1 deadline! The application will close at midnight CST.
And remember, every student that meets the above criteria is eligible—students aren’t required to have an active CollegeCounts 529 savings plan.
For more information, read through our Frequently Asked Questions.
College only happens once for most of us, and that means scholarship opportunities are few and far between. Don’t let this one pass your students by. Apply today!